08 Apr 2021 | News & Events | by Marné Bouwer - Senior Brand Manager
Namib Mills unfortunately has to inform you that there will be a price increase effective 12 April 2021, on our mahangu, rice and wheat flour products (including pasta and bread).
The driving factors behind the price increases are multifactorial and include, amongst others, the following:
- The imposition of a wheat export tax by Russia, the world’s largest wheat exporter, has disrupted global wheat markets and forced wheat prices up by more than 20% in the past year. This has led to an increase in the landed cost of raw wheat and all wheat-based products.
- The global Polyethylene industry is facing supply and shipping constraints which has a significant impact on packing material cost. The cost of these raw materials has increased more than 30% since last year
- The cost of brent crude oil increased, resulting in fuel price increases.
Given the above, we, therefore, have no other option as to announce the following price increases on the product ranges:
- Rice: 3%
- Mahangu: 3%
- Pasta Polana: 2%
- Pasta King: 4%
- Pasta La Vita: 3%
- Wheat flour: 8%
- Complete Mix: 8%
- Bread: 5%
Be assured of our appreciation towards your understanding in this regard.
For more information, please contact:
- ST Ackermann - Financial Manager - 061 290 1000
- Pieter Van Niekerk - Commercial Manager - 061 290 1000